As the name suggests, this exercise was inspired by train travel. You may have looked out of a moving train and may have noticed that your eyes make very fast involuntary eye movements, so-called saccades. It is best to observe another person during a train ride and you will be able to see these saccades very well. From literature it is known that these saccades can help to direct the focus and the eye movements of the eyes to a certain side. Their task is to recognize flying birds flying from an unknown direction (left or right) to the opposite side. At the beginning the bird is not yet visible and since you do not know from which direction the bird appears, you must constantly look left and right with your eyes. This will train your eye movements. Furthermore, just like on the train, the background moves in a certain direction, which depends on the side to be trained. If you want to train the left side, the background moves from right to left and vice versa.
Example of an exercise
- Sit in the middle of the screen at a distance of about 30cm (depending on the size of the screen).
- Enlarge the browser window if necessary so that it fills the whole screen.
- Fix your head (e.g. with one hand) so that it does not move.
- Press the spacebar on your keyboard, once you have seen a bird in the foreground
- Search the screen with your eyes only, your head does not move.
- Work out 2 times a day, each 30 minutes, 5 days a week.
To test this exercise extensively, you can register for a 14 -day trial version of the saccadic training here free of charge and without obligationTest this exercise
Pictures of this exercise
Due to multiple sclerosis I have problems with the visual field (optic nerve). The many different exercises and simulators have motivated me to train frequently (daily). The training was worth it, because after seven months I was as independent as before....
- Six varied exercises
- No installation required: Start your training now
- Personal first consulting conversation on request
- Automated level recommendations
- Mutiple statistical evaluations
- Customisable software
- 14 days right of return